Author Posts

October 3, 2014 at 4:02 am

As the heart opens compassion  unfolds and love leads to gratitude and joy.  Oh to hear the heart song and to follow its tune into authentic life.

October 4, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I got a day behind as supplies are hard to find, and I had to find art masking fluid. Then I find out it ruins your brushes, so found a tutorial on it! Make sure you soak your brush in soap, wipe, then use the fluid, but then clean right away. Ok…breathe. This will be my third attempt :-) excited to see what it’s going to look like. My heart is pounding with excitement! Fun!

January 22, 2016 at 7:18 am

I couldn’t find the topic for day 8, so I upload my day 8 here, ^_^.

I didn’t paint for a few days, but this morning i just had to,

I have used a white candle for drawing the symbol. First I’ve drawn the Sacred Symbol freehanded and painted the centre of my paper ‘golden’, by mixing yellow with a tiny bit of purple, Thank you Whitney for that, ^_^.
I didn’t want the symbol shown white, but with a soft tone and with the candle used over the golden watercolour, I could keep that colour.
The colours then took their own plan, and first I was dissapointed and wanted to take the page out. But I splattered some white over it and then desided to use also gold paint. And after it was dry, and I took some pictures, then it hit me…I LOVE IT!!!!

And when I put it on my table in my artroom, the sun changed the yellow into a perfect golden glow.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Riya Riya. Reason: typo

January 23, 2016 at 8:55 am

Here is my day 9 painting, Strenght of Heart. The photo isn’t great, had to use flash, and the colours lookreally off. The real colours are more intens, vibrant, like fire.

Day 09 21 days Painting Meditation

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Riya Riya. Reason: new tag

January 18, 2017 at 10:01 am

Today we are inspired by the West African Adinkra symbol for “strength of heart.”

This symbol can help you when you need to make a tough decision to FOLLOW YOUR HEART…which often means not following LOGIC.

Tune in to my blog, where I share how my heart spoke to me BIG time leading into 2012: http://whitneyfreya.com/2014/01/26/9-in-the-painting-meditation-challenge/

Thank you, Steven C. Anderson for your music!

~ Artfully, Whitney Freya

To see the video, just use the password: 21daysofpaint

February 22, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Whitney what exactly did you use to peel away stencil was that just water color paint.