Author Posts

January 12, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Today we move up into our 3rd chakra as we immerse ourselves in YELLOW.

How does yellow make you feel? I have been VERY attracted to yellow lately. It is the color of our PERSONAL WILL. It helps you move out into the world confidently, with THIS-IS-WHO-I-AM-AND-THIS-IS-WHAT-I-DO!

Or you just thought about bananas or yellow duckies. :) I started by painting the symbol of the 3rd chakra. I have been working for a couple of years now with sacred symbols. They have deep energy, deep knowing. Working with colors and symbols is another form of energy work. Try this painting meditation one day when you are feeling really anxious, worried, mad…and check how you feel before and after. It is profound!

Click here for more images and ah-hah’s: http://whitneyfreya.com/2014/01/20/3-in-the-21-day-painting-meditation-challenge/

Have you checked out the symbols at http://whitneyfreya.com/freebies/? Download sacred symbol screen savers and more!

The beautiful piano music today was provided by the uber-talented Steven C. Anderson. Please visit http://www.StevenCMusic.com and tell him we appreciate is meditative melodies! Go to the Whitney Freya BLOG for images of my watercolor canvas progressing…too fun! Ommmmmm…

~ Whitney Freya

To see the video, just use the password: 21daysofpaint

September 26, 2014 at 11:19 am

My Yellow!  Realy enjoing myself

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Profile photo of Barbara Barbara.

September 26, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Really enjoyed this meditation today, allowed myself to really play from the start… Watch 1 min of Whitney and turned my eyes only to my page and listened to the music then just painted… So joyfully expressing… Thank you

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Profile photo of Cindy Cindy.

September 26, 2014 at 10:46 pm

thank you for sharing cindy! love that you allowed yourself to play! yay!

September 27, 2014 at 12:53 am

Lovely piano,and gorgeous painting..It feels very communal,and happy.

Now off to paint!

September 27, 2014 at 3:24 pm

no meditation on saturday or sunday?  me sad….

i will listen to the music and do my own… :)

Enjoy your beautiful day

September 27, 2014 at 3:25 pm

oops did nt see it me bad… lol

off i go so happy its here

September 28, 2014 at 7:06 am

Today I did the yellow meditation, and I created a snake – the yellow was such a positive colour I decided to check out what the positive meaning is for snake …….

When the snake shows up as your spirit animal, it generally means:

• Snake spirit animals represent healing
  • Transformation, life changes
  • The spirit of the snake is connected to life force, primal energy
  • A meaning for the snake spirit animal is spiritual guidance

The snake as a spirit animal can be to provide guidance about life changes and transitions, whether they are happening at the physical, emotional or spiritual level.

I am looking forward positively to my life transition :-)

Angela

September 29, 2014 at 4:21 am

Hi Nadia

The site I used to reference the meaning of the snake was http://www.spiritanimal.info/snake-spirit-animal/  – I know there is another site that Whitney uses but I can’t remember the name.  This one seemed pretty accurate though :-)

angela

July 3, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Warmth and joy from the yellow and orange days! 3 days of painting in a row – excited that this will get me into the good habit of creating daily!

July 3, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Hi!  Does anyone know what brand of paint Whitney is using in her videos?

TIA for any information!

Ann

July 5, 2015 at 8:14 am

just played with yellow on the paper. I got my 1st watercolour paints over 3 years ago and did nothing with them, as I did not know the how of painting with them. Today I painted onto sketch paper rather than onto the small postcard size watercolour pad and I loved the luxurious feel of the paint gliding over the paper. I played with 3 different tones too. I left it unfinished..an old pattern- begin things but do not finish them properly, but I don’t care – at least I started it this morning

July 7, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Ann – I saw this on her site the other day, it’s a kit she’s selling through a store but it looks like the paint she uses: http://www.plazaart.com/21-day-painting-meditation-challenge-kit.html

Looks like a nice set!

January 15, 2016 at 7:26 pm

My day 03, I really love how every page holds more details, and more to see. And I love the process of firts watching the video and later only listen to the music, and paint. I do love yellow a lot, our car has this wonderful sunny colour.

January 21, 2016 at 6:46 pm

I got ‘delayed’ on day 3. After a day of not painting, had to wonder. I had a dream years ago (20-30) about a ‘blown out’ (like it was the open mouth of a balloon, letting out its air) navel. It caused me to wonder (I knew there was an ‘issue’)…  Now, refocusing on the issue, I began wondering about the ‘power center’. It came to me that this center is also associated with ‘will’. I then had some experiences at work where I let my ‘will’ be known. I realized that I carried a fear of the energy of the will being expressed. I think previously, it had been associated with ‘there will be unpleasant repercussions’ now that you’ve expressed your will. (My parents were way into obedience.) In up till this experience at work, I think I dreaded ‘willfulness’ because the of feelings following the experience, I would hold on to them. This time, I ‘let go’ immediately after the experience and got that it can be ok to express will, let go, and move on.  This was huge to realize.      …. and I continued wondering, because still, no painting….

Then the wondering was, What Is Will? When it arose that ‘will is intention’ and intention is ‘choices’. These two insights also felt huge. I was then able to paint.

Thank you Whitney for providing the container for all this to arise!

I love the yellow painting that followed!

I’m currently on day 5. . . Also an ‘issue’ chakra. . .

…to be continued : ) <3