Author Posts

January 11, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Today we move into orange, the color of the second chakra.

The second chakra is all about pleasure, “What do you want?” It is also our creative center, the womb, where our “gut instincts” come from. As you paint today, you can choose to meditate on what orange means to you…how does it make you feel…how can you feel MORE of what you want to feel and let go of what you don’t want to feel. Maybe the warm orange burns away the feelings you no longer want. Or maybe it just makes you think of the beach! It’s all perfect.

See more pics and musings here: http://whitneyfreya.com/2014/01/19/2-in-the-21-day-painting-meditation-challenge/

The music is, of course, “SUN ZITHER” from Celestial Music 1978-2011 by Laraaji, the man, the legend. I met him this fall and he wears ONLY orange! Wow! I just put that together. Laraaji, I know you are laughing if you are reading this! Go to iTunes or http://www.laraaji.blogspot.com to peruse Laraaji’s music.

~ Artfully, Whitney Freya.

To see the video, just use the password: 21daysofpaint

September 25, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Enjoyed this one and what came to surface!

September 25, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Sunshine, melting away in the sounds of the ocean, children laughing. Loved it :-)

September 25, 2014 at 4:51 pm

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Well  something definetly came up With the orange ! Grazie</p>

September 25, 2014 at 7:38 pm

at 2.55 min and before I see steam, is it your tea? LOL :) lovely!

September 26, 2014 at 11:54 am

Added to my album   day 2 orange

July 2, 2015 at 6:04 pm

The music of day 2 affected my art significantly more than it did in day 1. I’m not sure if I like that or dislike it, but my piece is interesting, so I call it a success.

July 2, 2015 at 9:02 pm

I am enjoying these sessions! Thank you, Whitney! Day 2 is my favorite so far. :)

July 3, 2015 at 12:00 am

Hi Whitney I enjoyed day one now I will try day two.  On vacation and I did not have all the paint I needed so I had to use red jam bit it worked.Crazy!

July 3, 2015 at 11:29 am

I love this challenge and the way it helps me quiet my ego, tap into my intuition and have great fun ! Day 1 was awesome: I felt strong and feminine at once.

Day 2 puzzled me somehow, the music gave me the feeling I was holding myself back.

I post my drawings on Facebook and it seems that my friends love them.

January 15, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Day 2 and even I wasn’t happy when it was finished, the next day it looked so much better. I really like it and love all the swirls.