Author Posts

January 10, 2014 at 6:01 pm

DAY #1

Thank you for joining Whitney Freya for this very intentional experience to inspire your sacred heART. We invite you to set the intention to experience the meditative vibrations that come from creative activity, painting, color and form, as well as the movement of your body as you create change on your paper, canvas….

These videos are meant as prompts. You do not have to try to paint the way Whitney does. You may choose to watch the video as meditation, there is no voice, only gorgeous music (this video by http://www.RichGoodhart.com). Then, after, you could replay and paint yourself, allowing whatever comes forth and honoring it. Keep it simple. Love yourself in the process. Connect with your inner child, still intimate with Spirit, and feel the joy–like you did when you were young.

Thank you, Rich, for allowing us to create to your inspired music.

TODAY we are painting red, the color of the first chakra. Red speaks to us of our primal needs and the passion we were born with–our life’s joy. Meditate on where you want to sink your roots, what is most important to you, your “life blood.” Or maybe its apples, lollipops and red ribbons. Allow whatever comes to mind. Watch your thoughts flow through, like the color in the water. Enjoy yourself.

To see the video, just use the password: 21daysofpaint

Or click this LINK: https://vimeo.com/album/2680446/video/84448096

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle.
  • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of nexus nexus.

September 24, 2014 at 7:43 am

what a wonderful way to start the day!  red, red, red!  LOVE the energy!

September 24, 2014 at 8:06 am

The music alone had me releasing –  stomping my feet and shaking my body. Oh yeah!!!! Wonderful. This is going to be a great 21 days.  :)

September 24, 2014 at 8:51 am

Thank you for this inspiring meditation challenge! I posted and shared my very first watercolor painting meditation (red-first chakra). Loved the music and loved the color! Great start to an amazing journey!

September 24, 2014 at 9:39 am

This is wonderful!  Thank you  :)

September 24, 2014 at 9:48 am

That was fun and relaxing and my first time using watercolor :-) can’t wait for next one! I just get lost in what brushes to use but I enjoyed it! Breathe…relax. Now I’m ready to start my day in beautiful North Idaho! Thank you!!

September 24, 2014 at 9:54 am

I loved it!  Posting my painting!

September 24, 2014 at 10:04 am

I am so happy to be a part of this again. I have not been painting. It feels so good to be inspired this morning.

September 24, 2014 at 2:43 pm

absolutely beautiful —  anxious to get started

September 24, 2014 at 3:41 pm

My red turned into pinks, blues and purples! Great exercise today!

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="400" class=" "]Spiral work Spiral play – 21 Day Painting Meditation Challenge[/caption]

I’m keeping an album on my facebook page. Click image for more :)

September 25, 2014 at 2:22 am

Great way to end my day after an explosive afternoon of homework, after school activities, etc.  My “Red” definitely morphed into something more expressive of the day.  Hopefully have done the right thing to add my image…(apparently not)  How do we add an image?

September 25, 2014 at 3:40 am

Thanks for the lovely video and music! The music is very enchanting!
I created a painting base on the red colour, and will post tomorrow.

September 25, 2014 at 5:27 am

Nice meditation. I enjoyed using a limited palette. I think I will work on it some more later with pen and ink. I attached a photo of my “red” meditation.

September 25, 2014 at 5:39 am

Guess I don’t know how to attach an image.

September 25, 2014 at 6:32 am

Here is my day 1 painting.

September 25, 2014 at 6:50 am

I had a lot of fun doing this – I replayed it cos I liked doing it so much and thus more RED. Thank you . Loved the music too.

I will try to attach a photo – wish me luck!

No luck here so I have put it in my album

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Profile photo of Sandy B Sandy B. Reason: photo missing
  • This reply was modified 3 years ago by Profile photo of Sandy B Sandy B.

September 25, 2014 at 6:56 am

Oops guess I don’t know how to attach photo.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Profile photo of Tammy Tammy.

September 25, 2014 at 7:06 am

I put mine in my album too. Couldn’t figure out how to insert photos even code didn’t seem to go.

September 25, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Hi, everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I am thrilled that you are enjoying this as much as I! Please post images on the HOME page (next to the FORUM tab in the orange banner at the top of this post). That works great!

So grateful for each of you! Whitney Freya

September 25, 2014 at 9:47 pm

day one  red  21 day painting meditation       this is wonderful  thanks whitney

September 25, 2014 at 9:49 pm

my image is in my  album  didn’t work here

September 26, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Hi every one i am Mareu from Noumea i would like to share my paints  days 1 2 3  but I don.t know if i can share here because i am lost with the Site.

September 26, 2014 at 11:37 pm

September 27, 2014 at 3:48 pm

OMG – LOVE LOVE LOVE the inspiration and feelings that come up as I play and mediate this way – thank you!!
How do I add my personal picture then also the paintings – trying to figure that out! How does it get any better than this?

September 27, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Hi, Maggie! It is easiest to share photos on the HOME page (see above in orange right next to the FORUM tab). Thank you so much for sharing and for being here! Whitney

September 27, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Hi, Susan! Love your language–how does it get any better than this!? Yes! YOU are an infinitely creative being. So happy you are connecting with that here. Thank you for joining us! Whitney

P.S. The way I shared this image here is by accessing the html code from the image in my Flickr album. https://www.flickr.com/photos/creativelyfit/

Kind of a pain, but it is easier to share photos from the HOME page, rather than this FORUM page. :)

#1 red canvas

September 30, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I have never liked water painting so for that reason I took on this ‘challenge’ of the 21 day meditative painting. :)
I just finished RED.
And it WAS a challenge.!
For some reason I just don’t ‘feel’ water painting.
Painting RED this evening was FRUSTRATING and not relaxing at all. (even the tones of Sacred Spirit were unable to relax me) 😉
However … I shall continue with the other colors the coming days and maybe I will find my peace with water painting.
Looking forward to that!

May 19, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Welcome to the Painting Meditation Challenge! Whitney

June 2, 2015 at 5:42 pm

We are going to start promoting a 21 Day Painting Meditation starting July 1st! It is super fun to do it with a big group all starting on a certain day. On June 21st the Painting Meditation DAYS in the Forum will disappear, to reappear one at a time starting July 1st. :) Fun! Stay tuned for more info.

July 1, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Aloha! Lit my palo santo and sage, got comfy, and painted with my acrylics and water.  Thank you for giving me permission to create this space for myself to create art from my heart root. Mahalo!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Noelle Noelle.

July 4, 2015 at 4:25 am

Red felt a little creepy to me at first as I watched it ooze across the page like stripes of blood.  It reminded me of the years of womanhood before menopause……and the ending of that era of “youth”.  The more I painted, however, the more power I felt in the flow of red.  I am woman, hear me roar!

January 11, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Happy 1/11 everyone! Not sure why, but the content and VIDEO for Day #1 is DOWN this thread. We are working on how to stick it to the top. AND you get to scroll through to see the experiences so many others have had since we started the 21 Day Painting Meditation Challenge. Thank you for being here! Whitney Freya

January 11, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Here it goes again, I guess I uploaded it in the wrong place, Day 1 with lots of dots…

January 12, 2016 at 1:28 am

Excited to share my creation for Day 1! Had lots of fun just letting go, creating spirals (which I have always loved to draw) and just going with the flow. Loving the result! :) xxx

January 12, 2016 at 9:30 am

Did the first day without music. it hyped me too much. Loved doing this. Felt good.

January 12, 2016 at 9:37 am

I cant add the picture

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Barbara Morrison Barbara Morrison. Reason: pic doesnt appear

January 12, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Thanks for sharing, everyone! Barbara, scroll up, click on the HOME tab and share your images there! Can’t wait to see! Whitney Freya

January 12, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Well here goes…third time lucky. I enjoyed doing the video. I started out with listening to the music but somehow it was getting me frenzied.

So I stopped and continued in silence.

I enjoyed the feeling again of the intuitive painting motion and am pleased with what

I have done so far.

I am now looking forward to doing number 2.

January 12, 2016 at 3:57 pm

This isnt working as it should….or I am not doing it correctly

January 15, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Hi, this is my Red page, and I love it. It is the first time I use watercolour this way, and I must admit, I LOVE IT!!

January 31, 2016 at 9:28 am

How do you access the videos?

February 1, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Hi mish44, did you allready got acces to the video? It should be simple because the video is a view post higher at the page, middle. All you need is hit the play button.

Looking forward to see your first painting, have fun,

Riya